ben's place

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Victor Post Part 1

So today is the first day of IA and Victor, Carmen and Yanwen went to Sulzer together with another 2 more ppl. The 5 of them, together... into Sulzer Shanghai.

The standard thing to do is to go to the Human Resource office to settle the administrative matters and that is just what they did. But what one wouldn't expect an intern to do is to go to the HR office and say, "Can I change department? My senior said that I can't learn much in the current department I'm in (Technology Department), can I request for a change of department." So ya... Obviously his request was declined.

Next up was meeting the boss. And yes, we all do love interns who are enthusiastic... to the extent of asking everyone what can he do... like can he help in any computer stuff, data entry, make coffee for them, sweep their cubicle for them?! Initially its quite funny and people can take it as a joke, but when it doesn't stop... obviously everyone know he is serious.

So we have more... Where got people first day of work keep walking around and looking at what people do. Trying to be friendly? Yes.. that's all good... but till the point when it disturbs people? Obviously not! So the boss... the natural thing to do was to (as quoted) "(Snapped finger) Victor, come into my office now." and told him to go back to his desk. So if you can't walk around, might as well pull your chair in the middle of the isle, IN FRONT of the boss's office and try to talk to the other people aka Carmen and Yanwen. Talk... ok... make stupid remarks and disturb people's work? Gone case... First day... spoil the impression of all the NTU people who went or GIP.

And you think that's all? We haven't finish. So we got someone who overheard this conversation between Victor and a China girl who was working there at Sulzer. This is how it went (translated into english); (China Girl is CG)

CG: So how old are you know?
Victor: That's a really sensitive question!
CG: But you're a guy, why should it be sensitive?
Victor: Then you guess how old am I?
CG: How to guess how old you are?
Victor: If I tell you I'm 19, would you believe?
CG: Ok...
Victor: I look you right? I look like I'm 19 right?
CG: Sort of.
Victor: So how old do you think I look?
CG: I think you look 9 years old bah..
Victor: It doesn't matter how old I look, it's what's in here (points to his brain) that matters.
CG: I'm saying that it's your mind that is like a 9 year old, not how you look.
Victor: Oh... but I'm actually 29 years old.

As the conversation was too horrible to listen any more... it just ended there...

We will have more of 60mins with Victor... HOPEFULLY NOT! next time...

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger k1478 said...

it was really quite uncomfortable to read that man.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha cockster.........

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess sulzer will have hard time...
haha
Good luck to GIP shanghai pple...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home